15 Mother’s Day Gifts For The Health-Minded Mom
Moms are the best. They hug, they help, and they love unconditionally. That’s why on Mother’s Day, we need to treat them like the queens they are and give them the best gift of all—the gift of good health! Here are our favorite gifts that will make mom feel pampered, refreshed, and keep her hugging, helping, and loving for years to come! And after you look through this list of awesome gifts for mom, check out our suggestions of ways to honor your mom this Mother’s Day without spending any cash. After all, sometimes it’s quality time that they really want!
For any mom, a little relaxation is well deserved. These Soothe The Soul Yogi Candles will bring a sense of balance and calming energy into your home and are the perfect addition to any relaxation routine.
Being a mom is one of the most rewarding jobs, but it can also be physically demanding. Think late nights with sick kids, carrying loads of laundry up and down the stairs, and chasing wild balls courtesy of a new T-baller. Giving mom this Wahl massaging pack is a gift that keeps on giving for years compared to a spa gift certificate that only lasts one day. The temperature-therapy pack is the first-of-its-kind because it has ceramic beads infused into the gel that retain their temperature longer than similar products. When the pack is hot, it will increase circulation and promote healing of sore muscles. When the pack is cold, it will restrict blood flow and reduce swelling and inflammation. On top of that, the pack vibrates for a massaging effect that will relieve muscle tension and soreness. Basically, mom gets a personal massage therapist she can keep “on call” when she’s in need for a little relief and rejuvenation.
Staying hydrated is one of the major pillars of good health, and giving your mom the gift of hydration is great, but STYLIST hydration is even better! These water bottles by Swell keep drinks cold for 24 hours, warm for 12 hours, and come in a wide array of colors and styles. Every desk at our Get Healthy U office has one of these on it at all times, and it’s our secret to successfully drinking enough water every day!
We’re huge proponents of the importance of a healthy gut, here are Get Healthy U, and one of the things you can add to your diet to better your gut health is kombucha! For the health conscious mom, kombucha is probably one of her go-to beverages, and this kit will give her everything she needs to start brewing her own! Bonus? You can do it together!
Time to introduce Mom to 2015’s biggest fitness fashion trend: patterned workout pants. Yes, they seem a little wild, but you know your mom has a wild side waiting to be unleashed. Skip the black yoga pants and give your mom these funky PRISMSPORT Pixie Print leggings, these bold Athleta Stripes Chaturanga Capris, or these simple and functional C9 Champion Textured Leggings from Target!
If your mom is anything like the team at GHU, she loves chocolate. But these chocolate bars from Compartes are not your average chocolate barsMade with super trendy health ingredients like avocado, kale, pistachios and more, these bars are totally fit for a Mother’s Day gift. And p.s. there are some completely indulgent versions like Donuts and Coffee or Cookies and Cream that we won’t tell if they sneak into your cart.
If your mom is a foodie, give her a gift card for a week of meals from HelloFresh. What’s HelloFresh? Well, depending on if mom’s an empty nester or not, she can receive either three meals for two people or three meals for four people. Her shipment box will be filled with fresh and whole ingredients that are pre-measured for each delicious recipe and ready to cook in less than 30 minutes. Jealous of mom’s gift? Buy one for yourself or conveniently invite yourself over when you know mom will be cooking a HelloFresh recipe!
This Acupressure Mat & Pillow uses the ancient Indian theory of acupressure to act as a natural pain reliever for a sore back, neck, or spine. According to the theory, the body is lined with pressure points that release natural pain-relieving hormones when stimulated. If your mom ever complains of a sore back or just needs to RELAX, this mat is perfect for her!
Since organization brings healthy benefits like less stress and better relationships, treat your mom to a stylish, functional notebook! We’re a huge fan of the Kate Spade line of notebooks and planners, and your pattern choices range from polka dots to florals and more. We haven’t seen any studies that a to-do list with your mom’s name on it will increase the likelihood of her checking off the to-dos, but we’d like to think the answer is yes!
A happy, healthy mom needs time to relax, de-stress, and “escape.” But often, the only escape is the kid-free, spouse-free, locked bathroom. Improve mom’s getaway space by turning her shower into a mini-vacation with an aromatherapy kit. The attachment clips onto a showerhead and diffuses rejuvenating essential oils into the shower. The ESSIO Starter Kit comes with three different scents, so mom can mix it up depending on her mood.
If mom lives across the country, fill her mailbox with a little touch of health, wellness, and love with the help of Teanota. Write a message, choose a tea (they have 16 flavors!), and your mom will receive the cutest bag of tea with your heartfelt note attached in the mail. Why tea for Mother’s Day? Besides being a delicious stress reliever, tea can lower blood pressure, improve bone strength, and fight wrinkles.
Give your mom the gift of delicious salads this Mother’s Day! These Plant Theatre Veggie Garden Kits are a really amazing gift. Grow veggies like cucumber, red lettuce, beets, onions, and radishes with the Psychedelic Salad Kit, and carrots, brussels sprouts, tomatoes, zucchini and chard with the Funky Veg Kit! Growing these at home not only saves her a trip to the store down the road, but also provides her with tons of healthy, delicious, and flavor-boosting ingredients for her healthy recipes!
Help mom tote her waterbottle and workout gear to the gym with a gorgeous new gym bag! We are obsessed with this Camo Bag from Athleta (that comes in two colors!), this yoga mat bag PERFECT for the Yogi mom (also available in black!), and this Lululemon All Day Tote Bag, perfect for the mom that’s always on-the-go. Each of these bags can double as a cute beach bag or big purse for running errands!
There’s nothing more relaxing after a long day than a soak in your tub…until now. These Herbivore Detox Dead Sea Soaking Salts and Calm Soaking Salts make any normal bath exponentially more fragrant and relaxing. These salts are all-natural and blended to sooth, calm, and detoxify your body. After all she’s done for you, your mom totally deserves these!
These Floral Therapy Coconut Sheet Masks are the ultimate hydration gift! The stress of being a mom can be a lot, and relaxing with one of these masks on is something your mom totally deserves. Each one is packed with mood-boosting essential oils and floral ingredients that improve skin health, and provide ultra-hydration and soothing aromatherapy. Your mom will LOVE these.
Are gifts not your moms thing? No problem. There are plenty of other ways to serve your mom this Mother’s Day. Let your mom know how much you care with these 10 ideas to create memories that last.
- Plan an experience gift your mom will love. Purposefully create a memory by planning something your mom loves to do. Schedule a brunch where she doesn’t have to do any cooking or cleaning. Or if it’s your mom’s thing, plan a day together at a museum or go antiquing, followed by a special lunch. Or if your mom loves the spa, get those massages and pedicures together. Don’t want to break the bank? Rent her favorite movie and watch it together with some popcorn. Or take a walk together at an arboretum or park where you can catch up and take in springtime at the same time.
- Write a letter. Unplug from the quick digital messages and write your mom a handwritten letter, expressing what she means to you. Not only is a handwritten letter a rare thing these days, (she’s probably not expecting a letter), it’s also a keepsake she can save forever.
- Give her a day. Maybe the one thing your mom never gets is a day of her own to spend as she wishes. Take care of your mom’s responsibilities to free up her time. Show up with dinner, clean her house, or run her errands. Do all three to really WOW her. Free up your mom’s time so she can spend it on herself. Maybe she will put her feet up and read a great book.
- Take pictures. Round up all of your siblings and arrange a professional photo shoot for the family. Include your kids if you can (every mom loves time spent with the grandkids!). Or if your family is spread across the country, how about a photo album? Shutterfly photo books are user-friendly and can be an inexpensive way to create a customized photo book with fun text and graphics.
- Garden together. Instead of giving your mom flowers, plant a small garden together or a special plant. Not only is it quality time together, but it’s a lasting (blooming!) memory of your day together. Show up with a gift basket of garden supplies like pretty gardening tools, new gloves and a special plant, to start your day out right. Enjoy your quality time together gardening in the sunshine.
- Pay tribute. Perhaps Mother’s Day is a difficult day for you because you’ve lost your mother, a step-mother, or a grandmother. You can still celebrate Mother’s Day by honoring the memory of your mother or grandmother. Buy your mom’s favorite flowers. Light a candle. Frame a photo of the two of you. Or, donate your time on Mother’s Day in your mother’s memory and volunteer for a charitable organization or visit a nursing home.
- Work on traditions together. While you and your mom may have your traditions, ask your mom what traditions she had with her mother, and consider carrying those traditions on together and passing them down to your own kids. Family traditions are a special way to connect across generations and carry history into the present day.
- Make a music playlist. Put all of your mom’s favorite songs together on one playlist for her. It takes time and thought to download your mom’s favorite tunes together, and it’s a gift your mom can replay again and again. The right musical mix can inspire your mom and show her how much you care.
- Workout together. Can you buy some yoga classes the two of you can take together? Or maybe some spinning classes where you can meet up on the weekend? Get it all set up and give your mom the gift of health and quality time together. It’s an experience gift the two of you can enjoy together well beyond Mother’s Day!
- Make a video. Shoot a video capturing how much you appreciate mom. Get all of your siblings to join in and capture what mom means to each of you. Make a multimedia collage with the QWIKI app and choose from pictures, video clips and tunes from your phone to make your mom a video montage. Now she has a memory she can watch over and over.
This post is sponsored by Wahl Home Products, but opinions are 100% my own.