Asian Chicken Kabobshis healthy Asian Chicken Kabob recipe uses LOW SODIUM Soy sauce. A great way to enjoy Asian flavors with about 50% less salt than the regular sauce.6 servings18 Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water for 30 Minutes1 Tablespoon ground coriander1 Onion quartered2 Cloves of garlic, peeled1/2 Cup low sodium soy sauce1/4 Cup lime juice1/2 Cup natural peanut butter1/4 Cup light brown sugar1/2 Cup canola oil4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts1 Onion quartered and separated1 Red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces18 Mushrooms1 Yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
These Asian chicken kabobs are a family recipe! Everyone in my extended family, from young to old, love them hot off the grill. The simple and zesty marinade adds a delicious Asian flavor to the veggies and chicken…and the little kids always end up with a messy face full of it :) The low-sodium soy sauce has 50% less sodium than a typical soy sauce. Because sodium attracts and holds water, it can actually increase blood volume, putting strain on your heart if you consume more than your kidneys can excrete. These kabobs are rich in flavor and heart healthy.
-From the Kitchen of Chris Freytag
Ingredients you will need:
18 Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water for 30 Minutes
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
1 Onion quartered
2 Cloves of garlic, peeled
1/2 Cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 Cup lime juice
1/2 Cup natural peanut butter
1/4 Cup light brown sugar
1/2 Cup canola oil
4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Onion quartered and separated
1 Red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the corriander, the first onion, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, peanut butter, brown sugar and canola oil. Process until everything is finely chopped to create a marinade.
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and place in a food storage container with 3/4 of the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
3. Thread vegetables onto soaked skewers, alternating between the onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms and yellow bell pepper. Create 6 full skewers with 3 pieces of each vegetable on each. Brush vegetable skewers with remaining 1/4 of the marinade.
4. Remove cubed chicken from the marinade and thread chunks onto 12 skewers. (seperate from the vegetables)
5. Lightly oil a grill, indoor grill or grill pan and set to medium- high heat. Place the vegetable and chicken skewers on the grill and grill for 8-12 minutes, turning as each side browns, until chicken is entirely cooked throughout and vegetables are tender. Serve 2 chicken skewers and 1 vegetable skewer together.