Pumpkin Black Bean SoupThis pumpkin black bean soup gets 2 thumbs up every time! A family favorite for casual get togethers, or as a game day meal. Filled with veggies and flavor!8 servings2 tbsp olive oil1 yellow onion, diced3/4 cup diced celery3/4 cup diced carrots3 cloves garlic minced1 cup red wine3 (15oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed1 (15oz) can pumpkin1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes4 cups low sodium vegetable broth1 tbsp ground cumin1 tbsp hot saucesalt and pepper to taste
A Fall favorite at my house! This Pumpkin Black Bean Soup has a chili like flavor, but is a tad sweeter. Filled with tons of flavor from the veggies and beans you won’t miss the meat at all. Vegetarian soup is an easy meal, and great way to sneak in all kinds of veggies into your families diet. This is a simple recipe and freezes well.
-From the Kitchen of Chris Freytag
Ingredients you will need:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
3/4 cup diced celery
3/4 cup diced carrots
3 cloves garlic minced
1 cup red wine
3 (15oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15oz) can pumpkin
1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat
2. Add oinion, celery, and carrots to the hot pan and saute until vegetables have softened. Add garlic and saute an additional minute
3. Pour red wine over vegetables in the pot and let simmer until the wine has reduced by about half
4. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer 25 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. For a smoother consistency puree the finished soup using a hand held blender or cool slightly before transferring to a regular belender in small batches. Return to the heat and bring back up to a simmer before serving. Garnish as desired
Join my community and receive a FREE GIFT, 5 Fats You Should Be Eating for Health and Weight Loss!!
By joining my junk-free private email list, you will have access to exclusive offers, tips and inspiration (and recipes!) to Get Healthy, Be Happy and Love Life! Your healthy body and happy mood await!