Yes You CAN CupcakesMy yes you can chocolate cupcakes are rich and fluffy! Pumpkin is the secret ingredient in these cupcakes to keep them moist without any added oil.24 servings1 (8.5-ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin2 large egg whites1/2 cup water1 full cup confectioners sugar1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract1 1/2 tablespoons water
Who doesn’t love a chocolate cupcake! Pumpkin is my amazing trick to keep these chocolate cupcakes moist and delicious without a ton of calories. Pumpkin is extremely high in anti-oxidants and beta-carotene, which can help regenerate cells in the body. This effect makes it a great “age reversing” food. Its smooth consistency helps keep these cupcakes moist without any added oil.
-From the Kitchen of Chris Freytag
Ingredients you will need:
1 (8.5-ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup water
1 full cup confectioners sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners.
2. In an electric mixer, beat chocolate cake mix, pumpkin, egg whites, and 1/2 cup water for 2 minutes to create a smooth batter.
3. Pour batter into the prepared cupcake liners, filling them about 2/3 of the way full.
4. Bake 20-24 minutes, or intil a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out mostly clean.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and 1 1/2 tablespoons water to create the icing. Microwave 30 seconds, just until icing is fully combined and smooth.
6. Drizzle icing over all cupcakes and let cool completely to set before serving.