Recipe: Asian Noodle Edamame Salad with Peanut Dressing
When it comes to eating healthy, we want to make sure what we’re making to nourish our body, still packs major flavor. This Asian Noodle Edamame Salad is the perfect example of that. We loaded this dish with tons of good for you veggies like red pepper, carrots, purple cabbage, edamame and topped it with a delicious peanut dressing. The whole wheat spaghetti is sure to fill you up, but you can definitely substitute it for rice noodles if you’re gluten free. Top it all with peanuts (or almonds!) for extra crunch and definitely don’t forget the cilantro and a squeeze of lime for delicious fresh flavor!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 8 ounces thin whole wheat spaghetti, or rice noodles if GF
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup edamame, cooked and shelled
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- For the Peanut Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Water, to thin if desired
- For garnish
- Peanuts (or almonds)
- Lime juice
- Cook spaghetti (or rice noodles) according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
- While noodles are cooking and cooling, combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add water as desired to thin.
- Combine red pepper, carrots, purple cabbage, edamame and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss with a bit of dressing. Add pasta and toss everything together with additional dressing until combined.
- Serve topped with peanuts, a squeeze of lime, additional cilantro and sriracha if you like a little heat.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 15 gram(s)
Fat: 21 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 61 gram(s)
Fiber: 9 gram(s)
Sugar: 11 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U