Recipe: Baked Egg Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
These baked egg stuffed sweet potatoes require only two ingredients and give you 8 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber per serving. You can even prep the sweet potatoes ahead of time and then it’s as simple as cracking an egg, tossing them in the oven and by the time you’re done getting ready for the day, you’ll have a delicious, hot and healthy breakfast waiting for you. We like topping ours with a little warmed red sauce, parmesan and chives for a fun “pizza-like” version or you can keep it simple with salt and pepper. It’s a totally customizable low calorie recipe you can make gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo!
Total Time: 80 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Optional Toppings
- Pizza Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and pierce sweet potatoes with a fork all over.
- Bake sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet 45 minutes to 1 hour or until soft.
- Once sweet potatoes have cooled enough to handle, cut out a rectangle in the top of the potato scooping out some of the flesh inside but leaving a nice border around the edges.
- Crack one egg into each potato, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in the oven about 15 minutes for a runnier egg and 20 minutes for a medium egg. You can continue baking until eggs have reached your desired doneness or pull them out earlier. Just make sure egg whites are set.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 sweet potato/egg combo
Protein: 8 gram(s)
Fat: 5 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 27 gram(s)
Fiber: 4 gram(s)
Sugar: 6 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U