Recipe: Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut-Ginger Sauce
These Thai chicken lettuce wraps are sublime. Made with chicken strips marinated in yogurt and spices, plus a creamy, drool-worthy peanut ginger sauce, it’s the perfect crowd-pleasing recipe. Plus, the peanut-ginger dipping sauce goes great with vegetables, pita chips and more so be sure to keep any leftovers.
Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
- For the Chicken
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2.5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken strips (16 tenders)
- For the Peanut-Ginger Sauce
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canned coconut cream (from top of can) plus 3 tablespoons coconut liquid from bottom of can
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 butter head lettuce wraps
- For assembly
- Handful fresh cilantro
- Chopped green onions
- Red grapes, halved
- Roasted Peanuts
- Combine yogurt with spices in a medium bowl. Add chicken and mix together. Place in a ziploc bag and marinate 1 hour (up to overnight).
- Place all ingredients for sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. Add additional coconut liquid to thin. Set aside or refrigerate if marinating chicken for more than an hour.
- Once chicken has marinated, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a wok or saucepan. Add chicken and cook until done. Heat in batches if necessary.
- To serve, put 2 tenders into each butter head wrap and garnish with toppings and peanut sauce.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 wrap with 2 tenders and toppings
Protein: 29 gram(s)
Fat: 11 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 11 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
Sugar: 6 gram(s)
*Recipe adapted from "Chicken Satay" on PureWow.com.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U