Recipe: Creamy Bell Pepper Slaw
Need a quick and tasty side dish? Skip the traditional coleslaw and add some zip to your plate with this Creamy Bell Pepper Slaw! A combination of bell peppers and cabbage tossed in a lighter, creamy Greek yogurt dressing really puts this recipe on my top five side dish list. And, not to mention, saves you major calories and cuts back on fat, too! I top this pretty slaw with slivered almonds, but pecans or whatever nuts you have on hand will do. Amp up your next picnic or potluck with this healthy recipe that has a little kick to it!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- Wash and prepare all the veggies.
- Mix dressing in a seperate bowl, and then add onto the slaw.
- Let refrigerate 20 minutes at a minimum. Then, top with almonds before serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 3 gram(s)
Fat: 7 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 11 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
Sugar: 8 gram(s)
*I use extra jalapeno or whatever peppers I have on hand as garnish. This recipe will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
From the kitchen of: Chris Freytag