Recipe: Easy Grilled Italian Vegetables
These easy grilled Italian vegetables are one of my go-to side dishes that I prepare once a week! A zesty and flavorful add on to a lean protein off the grill. Zucchini is a great source of folate, potassium, and vitamin A. Zucchini’s ability to easily absorb flavors is definitely on display in this recipe as they take on the smoky charred flavors of the grill extremely well.
Total Time: 26 minutes
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut ends from eggplant and slice into 1/2 inch think discs. Cut ends from zucchini and slice lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick strips. Cut red bell pepper away from the core in 4 big pieces by slicing down on each of its 4 sides. Peel and slice onion into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place sliced vegetables on a large sheet pan and pour salad dressing over top all. Let sit 30 minutes to marinate.
- Lightly oil a grill, indoor grill or a grill pan and set to high heat.
- Grill vegetables 2-3 minutes on each side, until well marked by the grill and tender toyour grilling tongs. Watch vegetables carefully, as they may finish cooking 1-2 minutes apart from each other depending on thickness and hot spots on the grill. Transfer vegetables onto a serving platter as they finish cooking.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 3 gram(s)
Fat: 2 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 18 gram(s)
Fiber: 6 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U