Recipe: Maple Pumpkin Butter
We’re all obsessed with pumpkin over here at GHU! So, we’re back with another delightful pumpkin recipe that uses the scooped out guts from your pumpkin. Once you separate the seeds from the pumpkin fiber, this delicious maple pumpkin butter is easy as [pumpkin] pie.
Spread it on toast, stir it into your morning yogurt or oatmeal, add it to a cheesy panini or include it in your homemade pumpkin bars. Whatever you choose, you won’t be disappointed.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 2 cups pumpkin fiber, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground ginger
- Dash of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Puree pumpkin fiber in a blender until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and heat additional 30 minutes until slightly thickened.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2 oz.
Protein: 1 gram(s)
Fat: 1 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 22 gram(s)
Fiber: 1 gram(s)
Sugar: 17 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U