Recipe: Mashed Cauliflower
Need a healthy side dish? We all loved mashed potatoes, but this twist is a welcome alternative. This mashed cauliflower recipe is so easy and delicious, you’ll want to make it all the time! Really, my family and friends were skeptical on this one but everyone agrees that it’s a creamy and incredibly tasty side dish!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Garnish with parsley or minced chives
- In a covered pot, add water and olive oil and heat on medium heat.
- Wash the cauliflower and removed the base and thick core.
- Add cauliflower to the pot and steam with lid on for 5-8 minutes on med/low until tender.
- Add the steamed cauliflower to a blender along with the other seasoning, milk and butter. Cover and blend 1-2 minutes until you have a creamy consistency. Alternatively, use a hand mixer to combine everything together.
- Scoop into a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley or chives. Enjoy!
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U