Recipe: No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls
Why buy expensive power bars when these no-bake energy balls are so darn tasty & EASY! These little energy balls are packed with protein, high quality fats, and a bit of dark chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth. You simply mix up all these tasty ingredients and stick in the fridge to set. Kids love helping make these healthy snacks and eating them it too! You could always use almond or another nut butter instead of peanut butter, but that peanut butter chocolate combo is amazing.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (I use the mini chocolate chips with 60% cacao)
- 1 scoop of vanilla or unflavored protein powder
- Mix up all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl (leaving out chocolate chips).
- Using a spoon make round ball shapes and place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle 6-8 mini dark chocolate chips on each energy ball and place in refrigerator for approximately 35 minutes or until firm.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 3 energy balls
Protein: 13 gram(s)
Fat: 16 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 23 gram(s)
Fiber: 6 gram(s)
Sugar: 6 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U