Recipe: Starbucks Copycat “Pink Drink”
Our team was first introduced to the Starbucks “Pink Drink” a few months ago and we became seriously hooked. But we knew deep in our hearts that the obsession couldn’t last: after all, at $4 each and more calories and sugar than we’d ideally like, it wasn’t something we were going to do on a daily basis. But now we can since we re-created our own version that’s super easy to make and just as delicious as the original. We use the large Tazo iced passion tea bags (hibiscus flowers, cinnamon, rose hips and licorice root) to make a big batch all at once for a fruity infusion and add creamy coconut milk and strawberries. At only 60 calories per drink, it’s a decaf, dairy-free beverage everyone will enjoy with less sugar and calories than the original!
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 7 serving(s)
- 32 ounces water
- 1 Tazo Iced Passion Herbal Large Tea Bag
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar in the raw (up to 1/2 cup if you like it sweeter)
- 16 ounces water
- To serve:
- Coconut milk
- Boil about 32 ounces of water in a saucepan.
- Pour into a large pitcher with the tea bag and steep 5 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping, make a simple syrup with 1 cup water and 1/3 (up to 1/2 if you want is sweeter) cup sugar. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove tea bag and add simple syrup to the pitcher.
- Fill remaining space in pitcher with cold water (around 16 oz.) and refrigerate until cool.
- Once cooled, serve over ice with 1/4 cup coconut milk per glass and a handful of sliced strawberries.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 8 oz. glass
Fat: 1 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 14 gram(s)
Fiber: 1 gram(s)
Sugar: 13 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U