Recipe: Sweet Potato Tot Egg Cups
These delightful little egg muffins are only 91 calories per serving and full of protein to fill you up in the morning. We use sweet potato tater tots to form a crusty, crunchy cup and then fill it with eggs, cheese and other yummy toppings! They’re perfect to make on Sunday and have on hand throughout the week! Plus, the kiddos will love them too!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 18-24 sweet potato tots (about 3-4 per muffin tin)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream (or milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumbled bacon
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese
- Cubed avocado
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil. Add tater tots and cook for 5-7 minutes until tender and “squishable”.
- Add 3-4 tots to each muffin tin and using the base of a rolling pin, spoon or your fingers press to form into a cup.
- After the cups are formed dab with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly crispy and browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, heavy cream and cheese in a pourable meausuring cup, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional cheese and toppings of choice.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 muffin cup
Protein: 4 gram(s)
Fat: 5 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 6 gram(s)
Fiber: 1 gram(s)
Sugar: 2 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U