Bodyweight workouts are perfect for those days that you want a workout, but your schedule has spiraled out of control. The good news is you only need 15 minutes and some space in your living room to get a full body workout!
With this routine, you will work harder and burn more calories than most 30-minute plans will ever provide! This 15-minute bodyweight workout you can do at home is a super fast and effective way to fit exercise into an otherwise crazy day.
What Is The Most Effective Bodyweight Workout?
- AMRAP burns more calories per minute than classic steady-state cardio.
- Utilize strength and cardio at the same time.
- The exercise can be easily modified or swapped out to suit your fitness level.
Below are four exercises that require just your body weight.
Related: 17 Excuses Why You Skip Exercise
15-Minute Bodyweight Workout Calorie Burner
Do these four exercises as many times as possible in a 15-minute period. By the time you’re finished, you’ll be energized to take on the rest of that crazy day in front of you.
Find some space in your home for this workout, set the timer on your phone, and let’s go! You can do it!!
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, and hips pressed back like you are sitting on a tall stool.
- Swing your arms while you jump as far forward as possible, landing on both feet with knees soft and butt down.
- Shuffle backward to where you started and repeat.
- Perform five reps.
Wide To Narrow Push-Ups
6 Reps, for a total of 12 push-ups
- Start in a regular plank position with hands below shoulders and perform a push-up.
- Pull right arm in so hands are closer with elbows pulled close to ribs. Perform a tricep push-up. This is one rep.
- Reach right arm back out to starting position and perform another full push-up.
- Pull the left arm this time and repeat. This is two reps.
- Perform a total of 6 reps or 12 total push-ups.
10 per leg, totaling 20 reps
- Begin in a standing position with feet hip-width apart and hands interlaced behind your head.
- Step right foot forward, lowering both knees to a 90-degree angle
- Press through the front foot firmly to push back to the start position.
- Repeat with the left foot.
- Perform 20 lunges/10 per leg.
20 reps/10 per leg
- Start in a plank position with hands below shoulders and body in a straight line behind you.
- Contract your abdominals as you pull your knees to your chest one at a time in a “running” motion.
- Perform 20 reps/10 per knee.
(Back to the top and repeat until your timer goes off)