Muffins, man. They make the short list of best baked goods ever. Muffins are never out of place. You can have them for breakfast, for brunch, for dessert, and even for some late night snacking! Now what do you think about muffins that are insanely easy to make and are actually pretty healthy? We’re listening. These two 2-ingredient muffin recipes require a box of cake mix and one other ingredient (a fruit or a veggie!). And if you’re really looking to cut out even more of the junk, I’d suggest Namaste Foods cake mix. I use this brand because it’s wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, preservative-free, and GMO-free. Whew, I’m out of breath! Use their store locator to find a box in your neighborhood and then go get your muffin on you busy baker!
Pumpkin spice deserves year round acceptance, and this recipe might just be the answer. The canned pumpkin makes the muffins super moist, fluffy, and addicting. Mix, bake, eat, rejoice!
- 3/4 box Namaste Foods Spice Cake Mix (or 1 box spice cake mix of your favorite brand. Namaste is 26 ounces versus the typical 18 ounces.)
- 1 can of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Optional Add-Ins: shredded carrots, raisins, and walnuts
- Combine the spice cake mix and the canned pumpkin in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in optional add-ins if you’re looking for more of a carrot cake taste!
- Spoon batter into paper lined cupcake tins, 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Do the clean knife check just to make sure!
- 3/4 box Namaste Vanilla Cake Mix (or 1 box vanilla cake mix of your favorite brand. Namaste is 26 ounces versus the typical 18 ounces.)
- 4 medium sized, ripe bananas
- Optional Add-Ins: dark or milk chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork, and then combine with the vanilla cake mix. Stir until it’s smooth.
- Stir in some chocolate chips if you’re craving a little more decadence!
- Spoon batter into paper lined cupcake tins sprayed with non-stick spray, 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes. Do the clean knife check just to make sure!