If you open my kitchen cupboard right now, you’d think I was stockpiling for a canned pumpkin shortage. Thankfully, pumpkin is not running out anytime soon; I just need it to feed my pumpkin obsession. I put it in everything from soup to smoothies to salads! Yep, I’ve got a pumpkin problem. But for good reason! Besides being super versatile for recipes, fall’s signature squash is packed with healthy perks.
- A cup of mashed and cooked pumpkin contains more than 200% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin A.
- A cup of pumpkin has more potassium than a banana.
- Pumpkins are rich in beta-carotene which are thought to reduce your cancer risk.
- Pumpkins have the amino acid tryptophan to help your production of serotonin and boost your mood.
- Pumpkins are high in fiber (keeping you fuller longer) and low in calories.
Now if those aren’t reasons to eat pumpkin, I don’t know what are! Luckily for you, I’ve rounded up 33 delicious pumpkin recipes both sweet and savory. What are you waiting for? Pumpkin season doesn’t last forever…unless you have a stockpile that is.
1. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars by Slender Kitchen
These pumpkin cream cheese bars taste like a gourmet dessert, but they are much healthier and take less than an hour to make.
2. Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte by Get Healthy U
Although a cult favorite, I’m not a fan of the classic coffee shop PSL, and here’s why: it’s loaded with high fructose corn syrup, calories, caramel coloring, and artificial flavors. It doesn’t even have any real pumpkin in it! If you ask me, this all-natural recipe is much better than any chain coffee shop version (and it’s WAY better for you, too!).
3. Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Brûlée by The Real Food RDs
This special treat combines a classic breakfast staple, oatmeal, with the delicious creamyness of pumpkin and sweetness of creme brûlèe; talk about a bowl of fall heaven. Plus, its got that carmalized sugar topping that makes this breakfast seem super indulgent.
4. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Protein Muffins by Ambitious Kitchen
We love a good chocolate chip muffins, but throw pumpkin in there and there’s no way we can say so. The pumpkin makes it super moist too!
5. Healthy Pumpkin Pie in a Mug by Get Healthy U
Yes! You can now have an individual serving of pumpkin pie (any time of year!) without making a whole pie. This recipe comes together in a matter of minutes, is popped in the microwave and there’s no rolling pin required.
6. Pumpkin Harissa Black Rice Bowl by Food Faith Fitness
Not your typical pumpkin recipe, this delicious bowl features black rice and harissa, a Moroccan red pepper sauce. Plus, this recipe is high in protein and fiber making for a perfect healthy dinner or lunch!
7. Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars by The Real Food RDs
Don’t you love a good homemade bar made with real ingredients?! These pumpkin spice protein bars are exactly that: made with dates, nuts, pumpkin, spices and collagen, it’s an equally delicious and nutritious snack.
8. Maple Bourbon Pumpkin Steamer by Food Faith Fitness
Ever combined pumpkin and alcohol? Well here’s your opportunity. This hot and delicious maple bourbon pumpkin steamer with almond milk is the perfect cold weather beverage.
9. Pumpkin Pie Protein Balls by Get Healthy U
These little balls packed with 7 grams of protein taste just like rolled up pumpkin pie filling! Plus, they’re totally vegan, gluten free, and super easy to make.
10. Healthy Pumpkin Pie by Chocolate Covered Katie
This recipe will satisfy your family’s cravings for the classic without sabotaging your health. It’s so creamy and delicious that no one will even guess it’s healthy!
11. Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups by Chocolate Covered Katie
Unlike store-bought peanut butter cups, this recipe uses only whole ingredients you can actually pronounce. Plus, pumpkin and chocolate is a heavenly combination!
12. Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding by Slender Kitchen
The proof is in the pudding! Pumpkin plus chia seeds make for a wicked fiber-filled combo.
13. Spicy Black Bean Chicken Enchilada with Pumpkin Sour Cream Sauce by Ambitious Kitchen
What comes to mind when you think of fall foods? The answer is probably not enchiladas, but trust me, pumpkin adds a delicious twist to the Mexican favorite.
14. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread with Candied Pecans by Get Healthy U
The combination of pumpkin and bread is just so hard to beat and this delicious recipe is a real winner. Skip the coffee shop version and make this homemade version instead!
15. Maple Pumpkin Butter by Get Healthy U
Don’t waste the inards of your pumpkin! Instead make a delicious maple infused pumpkin butter perfect on toast, in oatmeal or by the spoonful!
16. Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes by Get Healthy U
Breakfast is served. By using pumpkin to replace most of the oil in this recipe, you save tons of fat and calories. Plus, the pumpkin keeps the cakes nice and fluffy.
17. Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip by Chocolate Covered Katie
In charge of a dessert for the office potluck? Well, you’re in pumpkin-luck. This dip has all the flavor of pumpkin cheesecake but is much healthier and pairs beautifully with whole-grain graham crackers!
18. Maple Pecan Pumpkin Granola by Fit Foodie Finds
I love adding a little granola crunch to my morning smoothie, stirring some in Greek yogurt, or just grabbing a handful when I’m on the go. But pumpkin granola? Yep, I am now officially in heaven.
19. Baked French Toast with Pumpkin and Cream Cheese by Food Faith Fitness
Forget Wheaties. This is the breakfast of champions! We’re talking French Toast infused with pumpkin pie flavors and topped with a maple cream cheese drizzle. Seriously decedent but still healthy, low sugar, and easy to prepare.
20. Pumpkin Soup with Spicy Chipotle Cream by LaaLoosh
This soup is warm, savory, and full of autumn flavors. Plus, you gotta love that it’s low calorie, low fat, and low carb!
21. Pumpkin Pie Truffles by The Real Food RDs
When you’re looking for just a bite of pumpkin goodness, these pumpkin pie truffles are your solution. Covered in creamy chocolate, it’s a perfect little treat to fulfill your craving without giving in to a massive dessert.
22. Roasted Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad by Emily’s Fresh Kitchen
This recipe requires roasting an actual pumpkin instead of reaching for a can, but it’s worth it! The pumpkin, salted pepitas, and quinoa blend together for a hearty, healthy, and delicious meal.
23. Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt by LaaLoosh
I love pumpkin ice cream, but I don’t love hormone and sugar-loaded frozen desserts that lead to a blood sugar roller coaster and food coma. Thus, I eat this all-natural Pumpkin Pie FroYo!
24. Pumpkin Hummus by Get Healthy U
This festive spin on hummus is delicious and great for parties or a healthy snack! Plus, the dip is filled with protein thanks to the garbanzo beans and pumpkin.
25. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie by Get Healthy U
A post-workout pumpkin pie probably won’t fly, but a post-workout pumpkin pie smoothie? That’s what I’m talking about. The protein will help your muscles recover, and the taste will leave you feeling satisfied!
26. Pumpkin Mini Cheesecake by Food Faith Fitness
These are a perfect spooky treat for Halloween and not to mention, they are super delicious! The cakes are gluten free, low fat, and also low calorie.
27. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by Get Healthy U
When I was young, my favorite part of pumpkin carving was roasting the seeds afterwards. Now that I’m a bit older, I still like to munch on these guys because they make for a healthy alternative to greasy chips.
28. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Bars by Ambitious Kitchen
These pumpkin chocolate chip oat bars are vegan, gluten free and to die for! They’re a delicious guilt-free way to treat yourself!
29. Pumpkin Black Bean Soup by Get Healthy U
This is one of my all-time favorite soup recipes ever. Pumpkin season or not. Even though it’s vegetarian, your family won’t miss the meat, thanks to the overload of veggies and beans.
30. Pumpkin Pie Mousse by Get Healthy U
Yes, protein and dessert can go together! This mousse is delicious proof. Dip fruit or whole-grain graham crackers for a healthy, pumpkin-y snack.
31. Honey Pumpkin Cornbread Muffin by Ambitious Kitchen
Oh my pumpkin! These muffins are truly amazing and actually don’t break the calorie bank. My family loves to eat them with big pots of cozy soup and so do I!
32. Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Smoothie by Get Healthy U
This paleo pumpkin pecan smoothie is filled with protein and fiber to keep you full and satisfied. Plus, it uses collagen iwhich is great for your hair, skin and nails. Yummy and beautifying? What more could you want?
33. 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins by Get Healthy U
These 2 ingredient pumpkin spice muffins are beyond simple; I know, sounds crazy, but all you need is some cake mix and canned pumpkin for super moist, fluffy, and addicting muffins!