INTERNAL Inspiration equals EXTERNAL results. This is the motto I live by. If you believe in yourself and practice positive thinking and affirmations, you will receive external gratification. If you are trying to lose weight but you keep telling yourself, “I can’t lose weight,” that’s what will happen. Internal inspiration is where a healthy you begins. Want positive and healthy results? Believe in yourself.
One of my clients who I was training for about two months would always say, “Julie, I am not losing any weight. Why isn’t this working?” I kept reminding her to focus on her daily accomplishments rather than get overwhelmed by her overall goal. Indeed, she did just that! She lost over 20 pounds, and most importantly, she feels good about herself.
Positive thinking is all about using positive affirmations—short, positive statements that you repeat to yourself regularly. Or you can write some affirmations down on cards and leave them around the house where you will regularly see them.
Positive affirmations must:
- Always be positive
- Be in the present tense
- State your intentions or wants
- Be brief so you can remember and repeat
Many times we try to remake the external world around us, forgetting that the place we have most influence is in our own lives.
Imagine that you are running your first 5K race. You want to prove to yourself you can finish without walking. You start running, and at the same time keep repeating in your mind, “I can do it, I can do it.” You keep thinking and believing that you are going to complete the race without walking. What are you actually doing? You are repeating positive affirmations. By thinking “I can do it,” you are also visualizing the finish line and how good it will feel to complete your first 5K race.
By using creative visualization consciously and intently, you can affect your subconscious mind and transform your habits, behavior, mental attitude, reactions, and even reshape your external life. The power of affirmations can transform your life. By stating what you want to be true in your life, you mentally, emotionally, and physically see and feel it as true, regardless of current circumstances, and then you attract what you are focusing on into your life.
Here are some positive affirmations for you to use:
– I am healthy and happy.
– Wealth is pouring into my life.
– My body is healthy and functioning in a very good way.
– I have a lot of energy.
– I study and comprehend fast.
– My mind is calm.
– I am calm and relaxed in every situation.
– My thoughts are under my control.
– I radiate love and happiness.
– I am surrounded by love.
– I have the perfect job for me.
– I am living in the house of my dreams.
– I have a loving relationship with my wife/husband.
– I have a wonderful and satisfying job.
– I have the means to travel abroad, whenever I want to.
– I am successful in whatever I do.
– Everything is getting better every day.
– I am getting better every day in every way.
When you share your positive mood and positive experience, both you and those around you enjoy an emotional boost.
Julie Lother is a yoga instructor, personal trainer and … Read more about Julie here!