Recipe: Almond Joy Protein Bites
Pre + Post Workout Recipes, Snack and Appetizer Recipes
These bite-sized protein bites are deliciously sweet, and contain no added sugar! Their sweetness comes effortlessly from nature’s candy; Dates! Each snack bite is made with natural ingredients that are packed with fiber and protein. Perfect for a low-cal, high protein snack to fuel your workout, or boost your energy levels during the day.
Yield: 11 serving(s)
- 1.5 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 scoops unflavored protein powder (I use Bi-Pro Protein Powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend together
- Roll dough into 22 bite sized balls.
- Store in the refrigerator in a Tupperware for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2 balls
Protein: 8 gram(s)
Fat: 8 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 23 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Chris Freytag
Nancy on August 2, 2015 at 8:29 AM
Hi! Is there a grain-free version of this recipe? Thank you :)
Carla on October 16, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Looks wonderful! I look forward to trying this recipe out!