Recipe: Beef Stroganoff with Potato Noodles
Warm up with this creamy Beef Stroganoff recipe that uses potato noodles as the base. This dairy-free, grain-free recipe is full of rich deep flavors and very satisfying. The coconut milk creates such a rich sauce you won’t believe it’s not cream. I use my blade#1 shredder blade and blade #3 ribbon like blade to create different texture in this dish, but the ribbon blade makes the stroganoff looking spiralized potato noodles you see in this picture. My boys and husband are big beef eaters and love this stick to your ribs dinner!
Total Time:25 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled ( I used New Jersey sweet potatoes they look white but are sweet potatoes. Use whatever you have.)
- 2 white potatoes peeled
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- 1 pint mushrooms washed and stems trimmed, then sliced
- 1/2 can coconut milk (shake milk before you open can)
- 1/2 cup red wine (any type works I used carbernet)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb stir fry meat or lean beef chopped into bite size pieces
- Add olive oil to large pan and brown beef with onion.
- Spiralize potatoes I used blade #2 and blade #3 the long blade to create wider noodle and add to cooked beef in pan along with mushrooms, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, wine, and coconut milk. Cook on med heat approx 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2 servings
569 calories, 17 grams fat, 33 grams protein, 61 grams carbs, 7 grams fiber
*I use the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer!
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U