Recipe: Butternut Squash Noodles with Chicken and Roasted Red Peppers
Ever since I got my Spiral Vegetable Slicer, I’ve been on zucchini spiralizing rampage…noodles, pizzas, and hot dishes galore! But with a butternut squash in my kitchen that was about to go bad, I figured why not give it the spiral treatment. The results? Butternut squash makes a mean plate of pasta. Low-carb and low-cal, butternut squash “noodles” are an easy and delicious swap for healthier family meals. Make this Italian-inspired recipe tonight and quickly become as obsessed with spiralizing as I am!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breasts (about 4-6 oz. each), cooked
- 1 cup marinara sauce (homemade or your favorite healthy brand with low to no sugar)
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice off the top of the squash and cut off the bottom (bulbous) part of the squash in order to remove the seeds.
- Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler and chop it in half make it fit in the Spiralizer.
- Spiralize! (Follow the directions of your particular vegetable spiralizer.)
- Separate the noodles and put them on a baking tray.Add sliced red pepper to tray as well.
- Drizzle the noodles and red pepper with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Separate the noodles into two plates. Add baked or grilled chicken, ½ cup of warmed red sauce, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley to each plate.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 39 gram(s)
Fat: 15 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 42 gram(s)
Fiber: 9 gram(s)
Sugar: 7 gram(s)
*I use the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer!
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U