Recipe: Coconut Chia Seed Parfait
Chia seeds are wildly popular these days for their intense source of antioxidants, Omega-3s, and fiber. But to me, the small little seeds have always been a little intimidating to eat. How do I prepare them? I recently went to an organic farm-to-table restaurant that offered a delicious chia seed parfait on its menu. The breakfast was so simple and filling, so I decided to make a version of my own using coconut as the main added flavor. The recipe is so easy to create and a great breakfast to prepare the night before a busy day!
Total Time: 8 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 3 tablespoons white chia seeds (black is fine too)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey, plus extra for garnish
- ¾ cup coconut milk/almond milk blend I use Blue Diamond brand
- 1 tablespoon of coconut shavings, for garnish
- Fruit such as mango or berries, for garnish
- Sliced almond, for garnish
- In a bowl, stir together the chia seeds, vanilla, honey and coconut/almond milk(you can use any milk of your choice). Set aside in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, heat a saucepan over low heat. Toast the coconut shavings in the saucepan until golden brown and set aside until cool.
- Garnish the chia seed pudding with the toasted coconut shavings, fruit of choice (mango, berries, etc.), sliced almonds and a drizzle of honey.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1
Protein: 10 gram(s)
Fat: 15 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 21 gram(s)
Cal: 267 Protein: 10 Carbs: 21 Fat: 15
*If this recipe needs to be vegan, substitute honey with agave syrup and use a little less than a tablespoon.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U