Recipe: Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Muffins
This healthy gluten-free zucchini muffin recipe is full of the good stuff and leaves out all the junk you will find in pre-packaged cookies and breads. It’s the perfect healthy breakfast to start your day or afternoon snack to help curb your sweet tooth!
By using specific ingredients, this gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free zucchini bread muffin recipe can cater to those with specific dietary restrictions while being delicious enough for those without!
These muffins come out moist, packed with flavor and nutrition and totally kid-approved!
Ingredients For Gluten-Free Zucchini Muffins
Sometimes gluten-free baked goods can come out dense and not as delicious as their wheat counterparts. But if you use the right ingredients, this doesn’t have to be the case! Here are the gluten-free and vegan ingredients that we use to yield the best results!
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Xanthum Gum
- Bob’s Red Mill Baking Powder and Baking Soda
- Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- Bob’s Red Mill Sweet Sorghum Flour
- Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
Do You Peel Zucchini for Zucchini Bread?
There is no need to peel zucchini for zucchini bread, in fact, it’s best if you keep it on due to the nutrition in the skin. Also, since it’s shredded, you won’t even notice the skin in the end product.
Recipe Variations for Vegan, Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread Muffins
We love this gluten-free muffin recipe so much, we’ve even used it for some other flavor variations. In the fall, we love this recipe for gluten-free pumpkin muffins and any time you have some extra bananas on hand, this recipe makes delicious gluten-free banana muffins!
- sub zucchini for 1/2 can of organic pumpkin
- sub zucchini for 3 ripe bananas
Other Gluten-Free Treat Recipes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 18 serving(s)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup of monk fruit sweetener (you could also use 2/3 cup brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup choice of milk (I use goat milk, you could use almond, oat, cows milk)
- 1/2 cup organic, sugar-free apple sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut or avocado oil
- 1 cup Bobs Red Mill 1 to 1 flour
- 1 cup sweet sorghum flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup allergy-friendly mini-chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray or rub mini muffin tin with choice of oil.
- Mix wet ingredients together until combined (zucchini through oil).
- Mix Mix dry ingredients and then combine with wet mixture slowly with a mixer or by hand.
- Bake 375 F for 13 minutes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 mini muffin
Protein: 2 gram(s)
Fat: 6 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 17 gram(s)
Fiber: 1 gram(s)
Sugar: 3 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U