Recipe: Gorgeous Green Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls are all the rage right now. Why? Besides being Instagram glamorous, these cold concoctions allow you to sneak lots of healthy ingredients into your blender and still end up with a delicious, sweet taste! This green smoothie bowl is no exception. The banana and yogurt give it a really mild taste and the apple and pineapple mask the spinach and other super food powders you may want to add in. I love this as a base because the toppings are unlimited. It tastes really good with toasted pecans and blueberries and everything else is just a bonus!
If you want more healthy smoothie recipes check out our smoothie e-book filled with delicious, creative smoothies that you can make in 6 minutes or less!
Total Time:6 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, frozen
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 slice of pineapple, about an inch thick
- 1/2 a Granny Smith apple, chopped with skin
- A squeeze of lemon
- 1/8 cup coconut water (only if needed)
- Optional: maca, spirulina or other green superfood powders that you like.
- Optional Toppings
- Toasted pecans
- Acai berries
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut shavings
- In a blender, combine the base ingredients and drizzle in coconut water as needed. You don't want to add too much coconut water though because a smoothie bowl needs to be really thick!
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with the toppings of your choosing.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 smoothie bowl
Protein: 8 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 64 gram(s)
Fiber: 9 gram(s)
*Additional toppings not included in calorie count
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U