Recipe: Kettle Corn
This Kettle Corn healthy snack recipe makes a mouthwatering salty and savory snack. Perfect for movie night or an afternoon treat, but I warn you this healthy snack is addictive! The store bought varieties use additives to keep it fresh that are no good. This is one of my families favorite recipes and is all natural!
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- sea salt or fine popcorn salt to taste
- Place oil in a stirring popcorn maker, old-fashioned cranked popcorn maker or heavy pot over medium-high heat
- Once oil is hot, add popcorn kernels and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cook until all kernels are popped. If using a stirring popcorn maker: simply cover with bowl and let pop. If using a cranked popcorn maker: crank continuously as the popcorn pops. If using a heavy pot: cover and shake the pot constantly as the popcorn pops.
- Add salt to taste and serve immediately
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 2 gram(s)
Fat: 5 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 22 gram(s)
Fiber: 4 gram(s)
130 calories, 5.5 grams of fat, 2.5 grams protein, 22.5 carbs, 4 grams fiber
From the kitchen of: Chris Freytag