Recipe: Mediterranean Chicken with Potato Noodles
I love a good home cooked meal, but hate the clean up! This Mediterranean Chicken with Potato Noodles recipe makes cooking a healthy dinner packed with protein and rich flavors a snap. I use a Paderno vegetable spiralizer in all of my vegetable noodle recipes because it is so easy to use. From start to finish this recipe takes under 30 minutes and that includes a quick clean up. Have fun with this touch of the Mediterranean with the flavors of fresh basil, Feta, and fresh tomato, and start spiralizing.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 1 tomato, seeded & chopped (or use sun-dried tomatoes!)
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 jar artichoke hearts, diced into bite size pieces
- 1.5 cups chicken broth (start with 1 cup and add more if needed)
- 3 medium sized red potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons Feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teapoon paprika (add to taste at end)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (use 1 if you don’t like spicy food)
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 8 leaves of fresh basil, minced (reserve 2 for garnish if you like)
- Black olives for serving
- In a large pan, add olive oil and heat on medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and sear on each side for 1 minute. Then cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes per side. Once the first side is cooked cover the pan with a lid while cooking the other side (this makes the chicken juicier).
- While chicken is cooking, wash and prep all the veggies. Then peel and spiralize your potatoes.
- Once chicken is cooked, take out of pan and let rest for a few minutes while you cook the other ingredients. Add in garlic, onion, peppers, mushrooms, crushed red pepper, lemon, additional salt and pepper, minced basil, 1 cup chicken broth and potato noodles to the pan. Cook approximately 7 minutes (stir 3-4 times). While veggies cook cube up the chicken.
- Add cubed chicken and artichoke hearts to the pan and let the flavors meld 3 minutes, taste the dish and add in paprika to taste. If the noodles have absorbed all the sauce and become dry add in additional chicken broth as needed so the dish has some sauce.
- Plate two servings, and add 1 tbsp Feta on top of each plate, garnish with basil leaves and black olives.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2
704 calories, 14 grams of fat, 32 grams protein, 57 carbs, 13 grams fiber
*I use the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer!
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U