Recipe: Overnight Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Breakfast Recipes, Pre + Post Workout Recipes
This dreamy oatmeal is anything but run of the mill. Using one of my favorite flavors (PUMPKIN!), this simple and healthy breakfast will be a family favorite in no time.
A great back-to-school recipe, this is easily prepped the night before and served up quickly in the morning to get the kids out the door. Your kiddos may even think grandma’s pumpkin pie came early this year.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup vanilla or original cashew milk (or other nut milk)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (if using non-vanilla nut milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pecans, to top
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, spoon into glasses and divide mixture with additional pumpkin yogurt or whipped cream between layers.
- Top with additional pumpkin yogurt and serve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1/2 of oatmeal mixture
Protein: 10 gram(s)
Fat: 5 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 44 gram(s)
Fiber: 6 gram(s)
Sugar: 13 gram(s)
*Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration. Additional toppings not included in calorie count.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Kimberly on September 8, 2015 at 8:35 PM
Do you know how much saturated fat per 1/2c?
Sandy on September 7, 2015 at 8:32 PM
Chobani has pumpkin yogurt.
wendy mateega on September 5, 2015 at 8:31 AM
This sounds awesome. Where can you find pumpkin yogurt? I've never seen that before
Chris Freytag on September 7, 2015 at 3:50 PM
Noosa pumpkin yogurt at Target or I’ve seen it at Trader Joe’s too. Also - i've taken plain Greek yogurt and added a dollop of real pumpkin to it!!