Recipe: Piña Co-Co Lada
Who doesn’t love a Piña Colada? I do, but often times these fruity blended drinks can leave you with a headache, and it’s not from the rum. Frozen drinks are often made from a mix that is high in artificial flavors, sugar, calories, and fat! I found a recipe that had 17 grams of fat per serving, and I could barely pronounce any of the ingredients. Yikes! This easy recipe has real fruit and 3/4 cup of light coconut milk that gives you that creamy tropical flavor. You can use the rum of your choice for this Piña Co-C0 Lada, but the flavor of Malibu Rum is perfect in this recipe!
Yield: 3 serving(s)
- 2.5 cups pineapple (I used fresh but frozen works well too)
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup of light coconut milk
- 2 cups ice
- 6 ounces of rum (We used Malibu Rum)
- Add pineapple, banana, coconut milk, desired amount of rum, and ice to blender and mix until desired consistency.
- Pour frozen drink into 3 glasses and garnish with pineapple or any fresh fruit of your choice!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 3
232 calories, 2 grams protein, 4 grams fat, 36 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, 17 grams sugar
*2 ounces of Malibu Rum was calculated into this recipe per serving. There are approximately 51 calories per ounce of rum.
From the kitchen of: Chris Freytag