Recipe: Quinoa Fiesta Bowl
I love dishes that can do double or even triple duty! This versatile Quinoa Fiesta Bowl recipe can make a great meatless meal (skip the ground turkey), side dish, or a salad depending on what I’m craving. Also, it tastes great both warm and cold and it’s loaded with protein, fiber and healthy fats for a super filling meal.
Total Time:35 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional: toasted)
- 1 pound ground turkey, browned
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Let cool.
- Combine all chopped vegetables in a large bowl (red pepper through cilantro).
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic and cumin.
- Add quinoa to vegetables and toss with dressing.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and add salt & pepper to taste.
- *If using cooked ground turkey, toss together with all ingredients.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Protein: 8 gram(s)
Fat: 28 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 38 gram(s)
Fiber: 7 gram(s)
Sugar: 2 gram(s)
*Nutrition information does not include ground turkey.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U