Recipe: Salty Chocolate Date Caramels
PHOTO CREDIT: HeartbeetKitchen.com
Is there anything better than biting into the rich, gooeyness of chocolate covered caramels? Um, yes, actually: biting through the rich gooeyness of chocolate covered caramels made HEALTHY! Which is exactly what these little babies are…. Instead of the traditional caramel made with butter and cream, these sweet and salty little bites are made using dates.
Blended in a food processor with a touch of almond flour, almond butter and vanilla, these mouth watering treats are perfect for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or let’s be real, Monday.
- 1 cup packed, soft & pitted Medjol dates
- 1 tablespoon creamy almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons almond flour/meal
- 120 grams dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- Flaky sea salt for finishing
From the kitchen of: Heartbeet Kitchen