Recipe: Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
Lunch Recipes, Poultry Recipes, Salad Recipes
This strawberry salad with chicken topped with pecans and a creamy poppy seed dressing is fresh and delicious! The Greek yogurt dressing has a nice tartness to offset the sweet strawberries making it the perfect dish for a summer meal. Plus, the chicken and spinach provide a protein rich meal that will leave you satisfied!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 5 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tablespoon non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar (may use honey)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
- Place the spinach leaves, strawberries, and diced chicken in a large serving bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, agave nectar, poppy seeds, and canola oil to creat the dressing. Season with salt to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad in the bowl and toss gently to fully dress.
- Top with chopped pecans and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 salad
Protein: 19 gram(s)
Fat: 17 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 15 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
Sugar: 9 gram(s)
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Heidi on May 17, 2016 at 5:49 PM
Please clarify- The video recipe shows adding chicken breast and goat cheese crumbles, while the written recipe doesn't have chicken or cheese in it (even though the title is Strawberry Spinach Salad with CHICKEN) . So the nutritional value written is for which version? Thanks
Chris Freytag on May 18, 2016 at 9:42 AM
Hi Heidi - Sorry about that! The video and recipe match now and the nutritional value has been updated. Hope that helps!