Recipe: Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
This strawberry salad with chicken topped with pecans and a creamy poppy seed dressing is fresh and delicious! The Greek yogurt dressing has a nice tartness to offset the sweet strawberries making it the perfect dish for a summer meal. Plus, the chicken and spinach provide a protein rich meal that will leave you satisfied!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 5 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tablespoon non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar (may use honey)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
- Place the spinach leaves, strawberries, and diced chicken in a large serving bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, agave nectar, poppy seeds, and canola oil to creat the dressing. Season with salt to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad in the bowl and toss gently to fully dress.
- Top with chopped pecans and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 salad
Protein: 19 gram(s)
Fat: 17 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 15 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
Sugar: 9 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U