Recipe: Tofu Veggie Scramble with Sweet Potato Hash
I love a good veggie scramble. This recipe substitutes the classic scrambled eggs with tofu, making it vegan and delicious! It’s super quick and easy to whip up, and is filled with flavor. Sweet potatoes are one of my all-time favorite foods, so this hash is high on my list of favorite sides. It goes perfectly with this scramble, creating the ultimate vitamin-filled breakfast or an easy vegetarian dinner. I like to top mine with a dollop or two of salsa, which adds a little extra spice. And speaking of spice, turmeric is one of the healthiest spices around!
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 1/4 block of lite firm tofu
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1/2 a zucchini
- 1/2 a sweet potato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Wrap the tofu in a few paper towels to drain the water from it. Then, crumble it into a bowl and mix in the cumin, coriander, curry powder. Set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, saute 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium to low with 1/2 a sweet potato, chopped into bite size pieces. Cook until sweet potato softens, or about 15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, use another medium frying pan to heat 1 teaspoon olive oil with 1 teaspoon turmeric. Sauté for a minute, then add in asparagus and zucchini.
- Once your asparagus and zucchini are softening, add in the spiced tofu to the pan. Stir around the tofu so it absorbs the turmeric from the veggies.
- After the potatoes have softened, add in the chopped onions to the pan and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Finally, add 1 teaspoon of balsamic onto the sweet potato hash, and 1 teaspoon tamari onto the veggie scramble. Stir around for another minute or so.
- Plate the sweet potato hash beside the veggie scramble, and add salsa on top if you wish.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 11 gram(s)
Fat: 12 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 24 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U