Recipe: Watermelon Mojito
Okay full disclosure, I knocked off this recipe from one of my favorite restaurants. I twisted the bartender’s arm for the ingredients, but I swapped out the high-calorie simple syrup for a little stevia simple syrup that works like a charm! They key to a good watermelon mojito is fresh watermelon! This recipe is actually very easy, and the fresh watermelon and mint is worth the extra effort. You may want to buy a few watermelons though because once you try this delicious drink you will want another!
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 4 cups of fresh watermelon (about 1/2 a watermelon)
- 1 peeled English cucumber, roughly chopped (a standard cucumber will work)
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon stevia (use stevia with a little hot water to make a simple syrup)
- 6 ounces white rum
- A few small slices of watermelon for garnish
- Food processor, blender, or juicer
- In a food processor/blender/juicer, add watermelon, cucumber, and mint. Blend or juice until a liquid consistency.
- Pour watermelon puree into a pitcher and add in fresh lime juice and simple syrup made from stevia. Then, stir to blend all ingredients.
- Fill four glasses with ice and add desired amount of rum (we used 1.5 ounces per cocktail), then top with watermelon mixture.
- Garnish with a watermelon wedge and sip away!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 4
214 calories, 2 grams protein, 0 grams fat, 17 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber, 12 grams sugar
*1.5 ounces of white rum was calculated into this recipe per serving. There are approximately 98 calories per ounce of white rum.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U