Recipe: Whole Wheat Breakfast Burritos
These whole wheat breakfast burritos have everything you need for a healthy well balanced breakfast. Feel free to double, triple or quadruple this recipe to feed the whole family! I add in whatever veggies I have, and these delicious wraps always turn out delicious. My kids wrap these in tin foil & take them to go. You could also add hot peppers or any salsa you choose if you like a little spice!
Total Time:10 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, hot sauce, salt and pepper until frothy.
- Spray a non stick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add sliced green onion, and diced bell pepper to the hot pan and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs and diced tomato to the skillet and stir together to scramble as the eggs set.
- Once eggs are completely scrambled, top with cheese and cilantro. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let sit 30 seconds for the cheese to melt.
- Wrap the tortilla between 2 sheets of paper towels and microwave 20-30 seconds to warm. Transfer the finished egg mixture to the warmed tortilla and roll up to serve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 burrito
Protein: 18 gram(s)
Fat: 13 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 29 gram(s)
Fiber: 6 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U