Cheesecake SquaresA creamy and delicious alternative to traditional cheesecake. It's hard to believe these rich cheesecake squares only have 3 grams of fat per serving.12 servings1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs1/4 cup chopped pecans1 tablespoon butter, melted2 (8-ounce) packages of fat free cream cheese, softened3 large egg whites1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar2 teaspoons all-purpose flour3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract1/2 teaspoon lemon juicefresh strawberries or raspberries optional for topping
I love cheesecake! This is a a guilt free way to satisfy your cheesecake craving. Fat-Free dairy, such as the fat-free cream cheese used in this recipe, can save you calories and fat over their full-fat alternatives while still giving you most of the creaminess you are looking for.
-From the Kitchen of Chris Freytag
Ingredients you will need:
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages of fat free cream cheese, softened
3 large egg whites
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon vanila extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
fresh strawberries or raspberries optional for topping
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish
2) In mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, chopped pecans, and melted butter, and then press down into the bottom of the baking dish. *I double the crust sometimes because my kids like it thicker -this is not included in calories.
3) In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, egg whites, all sugar, flour, vanilla extract and lemon juice, just until all ingredients are combined into a smooth cheesecake batter.
4) Spread cheesecake batter over the crust in the baking dish and bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
5) Cool to room temperature on a wire rack before refrigerating at least one hour before serving. Slice into 12 squares and serve garnished with fresh fruit if desired.