As Seen On:
Hi, I’m Chris Freytag, founder of Get Healthy U.
I have been a fitness addict pretty much my whole life. At a young age, I discovered that movement made me feel good and it’s been a part of my mission for the last 25+ years to help others experience what it means to feel good, be happy and love life.
I have also been studying nutrition and food for most of my life. I not only believe but know that what you eat affects your physical and mental health.
I’m mildly obsessed with sharing all I know with you and want to help you get healthy and feel beautiful each and every day. To me, this means taking care of yourself for your long-term health, not to fit into a certain dress size or live up to an ideal painted for us by the media. And by the way, there is no such thing as a “perfect” body anyway.
What qualifies me to help you?
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Certified Health Coach
- ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- YogaFit Certified
- Pilates Trained Mat and Reformer
- ACE Board of Directors – Emeritus Member
- Board of Visitors, J-School, Mass Communications, UW-Madison
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from University of Wisconsin
- Author of 7 books and dozens of fitness DVDs
But even more important than all that stuff I can put on the wall, a TV reel or bookshelf?
I’m a realist. I believe you can transform your body and mind… and look incredible at any age. But I’ll never blow smoke and promise you “six pack abs in 10 days” or “A J-Lo butt by June.”
Being in my 50s, I do know the struggles of fighting against nature. I don’t love the grey hairs, wrinkles and aging skin, but I love and appreciate my body more now than in the past. I am okay with my imperfections and feel good about who I am. I am aware of my strengths and accepting of my weaknesses, and I am always willing to work on them. Age makes people more attractive in so many ways because of how they have developed on the inside and less of what’s on the outside. And I’m here to help you feel great in your own skin and live your most fit life.
I also know the struggles of limited time. I have three kids, now grown, but when they were little, it wasn’t easy to stay in shape. After spending a couple of decades racing through each day to meet the demands of raising a family, holding down a job and dealing with all of the emotions and energy needed to parent, I am committed helping women of all ages manage their health while reigning in the chaos and dealing with the stress of everyday life.
I truly understand it’s not always an easy choice, and I love, love, love helping people find a way to make that choice a habitual and natural one.
That’s why I have this site. To share my gift, my knack for motivating and guiding you to make the right little choices, day after day, in a way that adds up to big, incredible success.
I love to talk about habits that keep you looking and feeling incredible, but don’t control your life. If that idea lights you up, you’re going to like it here. (And you are going to love my team of writers and health professionals that make up Get Healthy U.)
You can read some Get Healthy U success stories here.
A few personal nuggets:
- I live in Minneapolis with my husband of 29 years (I’m into lasting habits!). We have 3 grown kids in their 20s.
- I graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1987 with a degree in Journalism and a passion for fitness.
- I spent over 10 years doing the Motivation Monday segment on KARE 11 NBC in the Twin Cities, have been doing home shopping for 15 years, and love being on TV and watching TV!
- I teach 8 live group fitness classes a week to a group of amazing people. We pack the gym at LifeTime Fitness and sweat it out together doing all sorts of intense and fun workouts.