Recipe: Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
Breakfast Recipes, Dessert Recipes
It’s hard to beat a good carrot cake. But when its loaded with fat and sugar, your tummy may not thank you after you’ve indulged. That’s why we created these delicious healthy carrot cake muffins. Loaded with fiber and good-for-you ingredients, these muffins are now worthy of breakfast, or even Easter brunch!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 serving(s)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 3/4 cup carrots
- Honey butter, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour through salt).
- In a separate mixing bowl, combing wet ingredients (yogurt through milk).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine until a batter is formed.
- Fold in raisins and carrots until just mixed.
- Divide batter into muffins tins and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm with honey butter.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Protein: 8 gram(s)
Fat: 5 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 37 gram(s)
Fiber: 12 gram(s)
Sugar: 6 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Mary on April 8, 2017 at 8:16 AM
This recipe looks great but the nutritional info looks amiss. 4 TBS of butter across 12 muffins couldn't equate to 1 gram of fat per muffin?? Am I missing something?
Chris Freytag on April 10, 2017 at 7:55 AM
Hi Mary - Thanks so much for pointing that out & we are so sorry! We re-calculated it and you're right, it was a little off. It's been revised!