Reboot Your Body 28 Day Challenge
Who doesn’t want a chance to start fresh? A chance to become healthier, happier and stronger? We know we do! But the journey to better health isn’t without its detours, speed bumps and roadblocks along the way. Maybe in the past you’ve started a new fitness regimen but gotten frustrated and quit after a few days. Maybe you’ve beat yourself up for the occasional slip up, like binging on a pint of Ben and Jerry’s after depriving yourself for a week straight. The truth is, creating unrealistic expectations for yourself only sets you up for failure. You don’t need to deprive or shame yourself for the occasional misstep in order to be healthier. You were born to be real, not to be perfect—and we’ve got the 28-day challenge that takes that into account.
Our Reboot Your Body Challenge will help you get back to (or just start) moving more, sweating it out and eating to nourish your body. We want to help you get strong, feel confident and improve your overall sense of self! You may slip up one day, and that’s ok; acknowledge the hiccup and commit to getting back up tomorrow. We’ve got 28 days together, so forgive yourself and move on. If you stay consistent, you will look and feel better by the end of the month and best of all, be proud of what you’ve accomplished! Come on, let’s do this!
Who Is This Challenge For?
Everyone! All fitness levels are wanted and encouraged: no judgment from us. We don’t care if you are just trying to lose five extra pounds or beginning a huge revamp to a healthy lifestyle, we want you!
So are you ready to reboot your body and become your healthiest, happiest self? Read on!
Here’s How The Challenge Works
- Sign Up for the Challenge—It’s Free! Signing up allows you to download the following as well as receive our special Challenge emails.
- Print out the 28-day calendar that you receive when you sign up. These are all bodyweight exercises that give you a total body workout. You don’t need any weights or special equipment to do the moves!
- Check out the downloads you receive when you sign up; they’ll show you how to stock your fridge, detox your body naturally and start eating and thinking positively. Remember that weight loss is a combination of exercise and healthy eating. 50% of this reboot is about what you eat—so we’re here to help you make healthy choices!
- Join in on community fun. Community creates connection and connection fosters results. Solicit a few friends to join our 28-Day Reboot Your Body Challenge and share in the fun!
- Use the hashtag #RebootYourBody and share your progress with others! There’s power in numbers and we can all help motivate each other.
- Reward Yourself! Once a week, we encourage you to take time for a “Reboot Reward” from our list below or come up with one of your own. But once a week, you deserve and need a little “me” time—we’ve even penciled it, scratch that, sharpie-d it onto your calendar!
The Exercises and Why We Chose Them
If you are already engaging in some exercise, add our calendar to your weekly routine—our challenge should be your minimum. If you are totally new to exercise, then jump on in with two feet and join in on the fun! We’ve chosen five of our favorite bodyweight strength exercises and put them on an easy-to-read calendar showing you how many reps of each to perform each day. We encourage you to do 150 minutes of cardio throughout the week in addition to these exercises. Cardio exercise will help burn off calories and condition your heart! The strength moves we chose are: (Click the exercise to get the full description and see pictures.)
- PUSH-UPS: Is there any better show of strength and confidence than a strong, powerful push-up? Push-ups work more muscles than you can imagine: chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, back and core. It’s the best all-around strength move out there. Watch how to do a proper push-up.
- SQUATS/SQUAT JUMPS: Whether your feet stay on the ground or you use the explosion of a jump, squats are the perfect lower body move. Strong glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings and lower back muscles not only look better, but also help you function better in everything you do.
- SWEEPING SCISSORS: This move strengthens your core from top to bottom not only to flatten your tummy, but also to create a stronger mid-section and pain-free low back. Bonus: scissor moves help create longer, more flexible legs! Watch how to do sweeping scissors.
- WALKING LUNGES: Lunges are a powerful lower body strength move. Walking lunges add the dimension of power and push-off. Walking lunges also force your legs to work individually and help you practice better balance. Watch how to do walking lunges.
- ARMY CRAWLS: Army crawls zero in on flattening your belly and strengthening your low back. As you move up and down between high planks and low planks, you also build strength in your shoulders, arms, chest and back—making it a multi-tasking move! Watch how to do army crawls!
I’ve demonstrated the exercises for you in this brief video!
Part of being healthy is being kind to yourself. That’s why once a week on the Challenge Calendar, we’ll give you a day off and encourage you to choose a Reboot Reward. Select one thing from the following list and enjoy an activity that will treat your mind and body to some much-needed TLC. Just as it’s important to schedule time to workout, it’s important to set aside time for yourself to relax and unwind.