Recipe: Trader Joe’s Curry Chicken Salad (Copycat Recipe)
If you’ve ever had Trader Joe’s curry chicken salad, you know it’s cool, creamy goodness makes it a fan favorite. And now we’ve made the perfect copycat recipe that you can make yourself!
This copycat to Trader Joe’s curry chicken salad recipe uses a Greek yogurt-based dressing that lightens the salad up and is full of delicious ingredients. This salad will be guaranteed a spot on your family’s weekly menu.
Plus, this recipe is super quick to make and gets better as it sits in the fridge. This curried chicken salad makes for a great meal prep recipe to make on Sunday and then take for an easy, light and flavorful lunch all week long.
Eat this salad on top of greens, in a sandwich or as is!
How To Poach Chicken For Chicken Salad
If you don’t have any leftover cooked chicken around, poaching chicken couldn’t be easier. Here’s how to poach chicken:
- Heat a large pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Add raw chicken breast and simmer for 5-8 minutes until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove to a cutting board and allow to rest 10 minutes. Cut into cubes and refrigerate until ready to use.
Reasons To Love Our Copycat Trader Joe’s Curry Chicken Salad
- Fewer calories because of the substitution of yogurt for mayo!
- You have the control here to make this much lighter, so choose your ingredients as you please – choose celery instead of carrots, cilantro instead of green onion or whatever you prefer!
- Curry powder has so many health benefits!
Other Restaurant Copycat Recipes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (see poaching instructions above if not using leftover)
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup no sugar added raisins
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Combine yogurt with lemon juice, mustard, honey and curry powder.
- Gently toss chicken in until coated.
- Add cashews, raisins, grated carrot and green onion. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer to allow flavors to develop and combine.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 26 gram(s)
Fat: 11 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 28 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
Sugar: 15 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U