Recipe: McSkinny Egg Muffins
Frankly, cooking breakfast for more than three people is a pain. But if you use a muffin tin and only two-ingredients, you will literally have the most stress-free (and delicious!) morning ever. This is where our healthy McSkinny Egg Muffin recipe comes in. Turkey bacon and eggs. Boom. Done! If you don’t already know, eggs are liquid gold. We’re talking high-protein, low-carb, low-cal, and a high nutrition value. And for all you low-carb people, we removed the English muffin from the traditional golden arches version. Ready to whip out the muffin tin yet? From start to finish, these cute little guys take around 20 minutes and will happily satisfy any hungry group!
READ THIS NEXT: The Science of Skipping Breakfast
Total Time: 90 minutes
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices of turkey bacon ( I used Applegate Naturals)
- Coconut oil cooking spray or you could use Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a muffin tin with coconut oil cooking spray or apply Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a paper towel and apply a light coat to each tin.
- Cut each piece of turkey bacon down the center making two pieces. Then cut one side in half.
- Take the long piece of turkey bacon and wrap it around the inside of the muffin tin. Then lay the two shorter pieces in the middle of the muffin tin creating a bottom for the McSkinny Egg Muffin.
- Crack an egg into each muffin tin on top of the turkey bacon and bake for 13-15 minutes depending on how you like you like your eggs cooked. 15 minutes was perfect for me, still slightly runny in the center but all the white is cooked.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
1 egg muffin|110 calories, 7 grams fat, 12 grams protein, 0 grams carbs, 0 grams sugars
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U