Recipe: Muffin In A Minute
I’ve always loved muffins but most are loaded with sugar and flour. This healthy muffin recipe is quick, easy, very low carb and high in fiber. It’s delicious for breakfast, snack or even dessert. You can make this healthy muffin “as is” with fruit and nuts. Or you can make it savory to go with salads and soups. Substitute out the sweetener and add in shredded cheese, chopped veggies, and spices (dill is yummy). Got this recipe from my friend (she got it online…no originator listed?) but it’s my latest OBSESSION.
Total Time: 3 minutes
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Optional add in's: berries, walnuts, or other nuts/seeds, cheese, veggies, spices
- Mix all ingredients in a coffee mug.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high. (If using fresh or frozen fruit, microwave for 1:30 on high.)
- Dump out of coffee cup onto your plate.
- Let it cool for 1 minute and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 12 gram(s)
Fat: 21 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 11 gram(s)
Sugar: 6 gram(s)
Calories 268. (before add ins) Fat 21.0 g (healthy fat) Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g (Dietary Fiber 9.0 g) Sugars 0.6 g Protein 11.5 g
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U