Recipe: Orange Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
PHOTO CREDIT: HeartbeetKitchen.com
This super healthy and flavorful side dish just screams fall. The sweet, citrusy orange glaze brightens up the brussels sprouts and butternut squash perfectly for over-the-top flavor.
Bring it to Thanksgiving or pair it alongside roast chicken for a comforting family dinner. Whatever you choose, you and your guests will be thrilled.
- Orange Glaze
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts washed, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled then diced into 1/2 in cubes (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup Valdosta Pecan Mix (or 3/4 cup toasted pecans + 1/2 cup dried cranberries)
From the kitchen of: Heartbeet Kitchen