Recipe: Asian Salad with Pulled Pork
This Asian salad with pulled pork and ginger dressing is fresh, delicious, and full of yummy rich Asian flavors. So, If you’re sick of a boring green salad look no further! When you buy Asian salad dressing in the store it’s typically high in fat and full additives and preservatives you really don’t want. This dressing is light and has just the right amount of ginger flavor. Adding the sliced almonds on top of the salad give this dish a nice crunch. You can make this salad with leftovers from a pork roast or pork tenderloin. Any type of shredded, or cubed pork works well too!
Total Time:30 minutes
- 2 cups shredded or cubed pork
- 6 cups of shredded cabbage ( I use the coleslaw mix that includes red cabbage)
- 3 green onions sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup cilantro that's been washed thoroughly, removed from the stem, and chopped roughly
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger paste or fresh ground ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Wash and dry all the veggies, then chop cilantro and green onion.
- Mix the cabbage, cilantro, snow peas, and green onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the dressing ingredients and whisk dressing until blended.
- Place 2 cups of salad on 3 plates, top each salad with 1/2 cup of pork, 2 tbsp of dressing, and garnish each salad with almonds.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 3
352 calories, 21 grams fat, 22 grams protein, and 20 carbs
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U