Recipe: Rise and Shine Breakfast Quinoa
I love quinoa and this is the perfect meal prep recipe for quinoa lovers! I make a big batch weekly and keep in the fridge to have on hand. You can use what you have or make it according to this recipe using almond milk for added vanilla flavor. I sometimes add in nuts, Greek yogurt, a drizzle of honey and even chia seeds for a little extra zip! This breakfast recipe leaves you satisfied as is it’s full of protein, is delicious, and gives you tons of energy to shine for the day!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (or 1 cup cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk unsweetened (plain almond milk works too)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- Optional toppings: chia seeds, Greek yogurt, agave nectar, nuts, etc.
- Rinse 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa thoroughly. Bring quinoa to a boil with 1 cup almond milk(reserving 1/2 cup for later). Add in a dash of cinnamon (apple pie spice is good too). Cover and let simmer 15 minutes until cooked.
- Wash and slice berries or other toppings as you let the quinoa cook.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and add in additional almond milk until you get a desired oatmeal like consistency.
- Top breakfast quinoa with berries and other toppings of your choosing. ENJOY!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 cup
Protein: 10 gram(s)
Fat: 8 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 63 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U