Recipe: Skillet Chicken Alfredo
This hearty skillet chicken alfredo is filled with veggies and chicken in a creamy rich cheese sauce. Total comfort food made healthy! This healthy, homemade pasta recipe will help you sneak in broccoli, especially if you are serving some peaky eaters. Plus this pasta is packed with protein so you will feel satisfied afterwards. Enjoy that chicken alfredo with zero guilt!
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta (gluten-free optional too)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 2 cups frozen baby broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lightly salt a pot of water and bring up to a boil. Boil whole wheat pasta according to the package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta is cooking, place olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken strips and saute until browned and cooked throughout, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the light butter, frozen broccoli, corn and garlic to the skillet and saute 2 minutes.
- Whisk the flour into the evaporated milk, and add to the skillet along with the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until the sauce is bubbling and thick.
- Stir the cooked pasta and chicken into the skillet and saute and additional 2-3 minutes, just until the broccoli is hot throughout. Serve Immediately.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 44 gram(s)
Fat: 10 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 61 gram(s)
Fiber: 8 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Chris Freytag