Recipe: Southwestern Sweet Pepper Nachos
My Southwestern Sweet Pepper Nachos are a delicious veggie filled appetizer to snack on! Packed with flavor you won’t feel like your missing out on the chips when you eat these. Plus this snack is low-carb, full of fiber and gut-busting protein! Great snack for watching your favorite team, or to have out when entertaining. An easy way to get the kids to eat those extra veggies!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
- 4 red bell peppers
- 8 oz. Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ (15oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup fresh salsa
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Fat-free sour cream optional
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Optional: ground turkey taco meat
- Preheat broiler to high. Slice bell peppers into wedges, discarding stems and seeds.
- Spread the cut bell peppers across a large sheet pan lined with foil and broil for a few minutes to get the peppers a little brown.
- Take out of the oven and top with taco meat (if desired), black beans, corn and shredded cheese.
- Broil until cheese is completely melted and edges of pepper are beginning to brown. Keep your eye on it.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the sliced green onions and cilantro. Serve with some salsa and sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 8 gram(s)
Fat: 9 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 9 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
*This nutritional information is without the taco meat and sour cream.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U