Recipe: Southwestern Sweet Pepper Nachos
My Southwestern Sweet Pepper Nachos are a delicious veggie filled appetizer to snack on! Packed with flavor you won’t feel like your missing out on the chips when you eat these. Plus this snack is low-carb, full of fiber and gut-busting protein! Great snack for watching your favorite team, or to have out when entertaining. An easy way to get the kids to eat those extra veggies!
Total Time:10 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
- 6 red bell peppers
- 8 oz. Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ (15oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup fresh salsa
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Fat-free sour cream if desired
- Preheat broiler to high. Slice bell peppers into bite-sized pieces, discarding stems and seeds.
- Spread the cut bell peppers across a large sheet pan and cover with ½ of the pepper-jack cheese.
- Place sheet pan under broiler and broil until cheese is melted, about 2 min.
- Top with the black beans, corn, and remaining cheese, and return to broiler to melt the second layer of cheese. Cook until cheese is completely melted and edges of pepper are beginning to brown. About 3 min.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the sliced green onions before serving alongside salsa for dipping. You may also serve with fat-free sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 8 gram(s)
Fat: 9 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 9 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
160 calories, 9.5 grams fat, 8 grams protein, 9 grams carbs, 5 grams fiber
From the kitchen of: Chris Freytag