It’s that time of the year for traditions … and maybe some of you had Santa’s little helpers that came to visit during the holidays. Elf on a Shelf is a warm memory for me. When I was a little girl, my mom used to hide elves in our house and I continued the tradition with my kids. These two little guys (above) are the original elves that I’ve been hiding for my kids since they were around 5. I moved these two little guys around at night and told the kids the elves would fly. The elves had an important job to report back to Santa’s Workshop every night on the kids’ fun and adventures—and of course on whether they were naughty or nice! Each morning my kids would race around the house looking for the elves, and it was so fun!
The elves would always appear around December 1st and always disappear with Santa on Christmas morning. (Even after my kids realized the elves were fake they still wanted me to put them out.) It’s a super fun tradition and one you can start with your kids. I know my kids are going to keep the tradition going!
Your elves can be mischievous or sweet or a little of both! Have fun this year with some of these creative ideas! And if your family doesn’t have your own Elf on a Shelf yet, here’s where you can buy one!
1. It’s The Voice From Picklehead Soup . . .
2. Frozen! From MyMommyStyle.com!
3. Let’s Play ConnectFour! From Lil Blue Boo.
4. Buddy the Elf’s famous spaghetti recipe, from I Heart Nap Time.
5. Off to the Sack Races! From Picklehead Soup.
6. His advice is almost always “Drink more syrup.” From Picklehead Soup.
7. This elf likes his marshmallow firm, from Bombshell Bling.
8. He’s kidding himself if he thinks Santa isn’t going to write him up. From Lil Blue Boo.
9. How cute are those tiny pancakes? From Home Stories A to Z.
10. Date Night! From Elf on the Shelf Ideas.