How To Do Resistance Band Tricep Extensions For Arm Strength
Resistance Band Tricep Extensions
Resistance Band Tricep Extensions are an upper body exercise that focus mainly on the triceps. There are many different kinds of tricep exercises that are great to use such as overhead tricep extensions or tricep kickbacks.
Tricep extensions with the resistance band help to isolate the tricep muscle and avoid cheating with different areas of the body. You can perform resistance band tricep extensions at home, at the gym, or on the go. A resistance band is so light and portable, you can keep one in your car or suitcase for working out anywhere.
Use the links below to quickly navigate this resistance band tricep extension guide:
- How To Do Resistance Band Tricep Extensions
- The Benefits of Resistance Band Tricep Extensions
- What Muscles Do Resistance Tricep Extensions Work?
- How Many Calories Do Resistance Band Tricep Extensions Burn?
- Incorporating Resistance Band Tricep Extensions Into Your Workouts
- Other Exercises Similar To Resistance Band Tricep Extensions
How To Do Resistance Band Tricep Extensions:
- Stand with one foot slightly in front of the other and place the center of the band under the back foot.
- Bring handles together straight up above the top of your head.
- Slowly lower handles behind the back of your head until elbows are bent 90 degrees, keeping elbows close to the side of your head.
- Press hands back up overhead slowly.
Benefits of Resistance Band Tricep Extensions
There are many reasons you should incorporate these tricep extensions into your workouts. Here are just a few:
Strengthens Your Arms
The resistance band tricep extension is a unique way to build arm strength. Instead of picking up dumbbells or barbells, the band creates strength in a different way. The muscles work against the strength of the tight band rather than the weight of a dumbbell. It’s an excellent and effective way to use the band for strength!
Adds Variety To Your Strength Training
So often people go straight to weights when they want to build strength. But the resistance band offers a huge variety of ways to strength train. The band allows you to move in unique ranges of motion, whereas lifting weights is done in a fixed position.
The band is super adaptive for all levels. If you need to work harder, you pull the band tighter or add another band. If it’s too challenging or you can’t seem to get the proper form, you loosen the band. Stand on the band with one foot and press the other end of the band with your triceps.
If you get a few tricep extension repetitions in and you’re thinking it’s too easy, simply step on the band a little farther in and you’ll feel the change immediately. If it’s too hard, simply move your foot back loosen the band a bit. It’s that easy!
Resistance Band Work Protects Injured or Sore Joints
Resistance Band Tricep Extensions and other resistance band moves can keep you training muscles while trying to rehab injuries or deal with other pain. Some people are unable to perform traditional tricep work with weights or tricep dips due to weak or sore wrists. The Resistance Band Tricep Extension lets you train your triceps effectively without your wrists bearing the extra weight of the dumbbell or barbell.
What Muscles Do Resistance Band Tricep Extensions Work?
How Many Calories Do Resistance Tricep Extensions Burn?
Resistance Band Tricep Extensions are a strength training move. The fact that you are building muscle means you are becoming more efficient on a daily basis at burning calories. In general, an exercise will burn about 100 calories for every 10 minutes you are working. It all boils down to how hard you work. Because this move is more stationary, you wouldn’t expect to burn a many calories as a cardio move or a full body weight move.
Incorporating Resistance Band Tricep Extensions Into Your Workouts
Resistance Band Tricep Extensions are an amazing exercise that will give you results on their own. However, you could also incorporate Resistance Band Tricep Extensions into other workouts to mix it up and add variety! Here are some ideas to make that happen:
Use Resistance Tricep Extensions In A Full-Body Strength Workout
Strengthening all of your muscles in on session for a full body workout is time efficient and effective. The following workout is awesome because not only will you get everything done in less than 30 minutes, but you only need one lightweight, inexpensive (most of them are less than $10 each!) and portable resistance band. So get a band and get this going!
Full-Body Resistance Band Workout
- Resistance Band Side-to-Side Squat – 12 times
- Resistance Band Mid-Back Pull – 12 times
- Resistance Band Lunge With Overhead Press – 12 times per leg
- Resistance Band Push-Ups – 12 times
- Resistance Band Alternating Glute Squeeze – 12 times
- Resistance Band Bicep Curl – 12 times
- Resistance Band Tricep Extension – 12 times
That’s it! Legs, Glutes, Back, Chest, Biceps, Triceps—all in one workout with on little band!
Use Resistance Band Tricep Extensions In Your Arm Workout
Band tricep extensions make beautiful triceps and keeps those saggy, old lady arms away! Put it into your arm workout and you’ll get a toned, sculpted upper body with just your resistance band and bodyweight. Get a mat and a resistance band and try this challenge! You will get some supersetting in this workout—2 moves for each body part. Bonus!
- Jog in place – 1 minute
- Inchworm – 4 times
- Resistance Band Push-Ups – 10 times
- Modified Push-Up (no band) – 10 times
- Resistance Band Rear Delt Fly– 10 times per side
- Resistance Band Row – 10 times
- Resistance Band Bicep Curl – 10 times
- Resistance Band Overhead Press – 10 times
- Resistance Band Tricep Shoulder Press – 10 times
- Tricep Dips (no band) – 10 times
Use Resistance Band Extensions In Your HIIT Workout
You can work your triceps and get your high intensity intervals all in one workout! Get your band and try this out:
Each move 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds between moves
- Push-Up Jacks
- Jump Squats
- Resistance Band Tricep Extension
- Resistance Band Side Squats
Repeat Block 1
Each move 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds between moves
Repeat Block 2
Do you love the resistance band?
Here are 3 more workouts that include the resistance band and a great article for beginners to strength training of all kinds.
- 7 Resistance Band Moves to Tone the Whole Body
- 4 Resistance Band Moves to Tone Your Butt
- Beginners Guide to Strength Training
Other Exercises Similar to Band Tricep Extensions
Here are some other exercises you might like as well!