Recipe: Apple Pesto Pizza Bread
Pizza + Pasta Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
This Apple Pesto Pizza Bread is a whole grain appetizer high in fiber, vitamins, & minerals. It is a simple yet refined appetizer that is topped with a creamy pesto spread, sweet apples, and peppery arugula for a little bite. This easy appetizer recipe is always a hit when I bring it to get-togethers with friends!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Whole Grain baguette
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 Granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Sliced ham (we like Applegate Naturals)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Slice baguette in half lengthwise- separating into 2 long pieces
- Lightly spread each half of the baguette with the prepared pesto sauce. If using ham, add slices over top of pesto.
- Top each half with an equal amount of the sliced apple and shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- Place halves on a sheet pan and bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice the bread into small pieces and serve topped with fresh arugula.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Leave a Comment