Recipe: Asparagus with Wasabi Dip
This recipe makes a beautiful and healthy party appetizer or a great everyday snack. Blanched asparagus is just barely cooked so it retains its fresh green color and crispness. This healthy wasabi dip is full of flavor and makes a tasty creamy dip! Bring something new and different to the table with this zippy appetizer that also makes a healthy afternoon snack. Serve this zesty wasabi dip along with any assorted vegetables of your choice.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 3 lb's asparagus - thin to medium size, blanched*
- Trim tips off asparagus and blanch asparagus. To blanch asparagus, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Submerge asparagus in water for 1 minute. Remove from water and dip in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce, agave nectar, lemon juice and wasabi paste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to combine flavors.
- Serve with chilled blanched asparagus or other assorted veggies.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 6 gram(s)
Fat: 6 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 12 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
Sugar: 5 gram(s)
Sodium: 272 milligram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U